Have questions about our products? We have the answers
Who is InControl Medical?
Incontrol Medical LLc is the world’s largest supplier of medical devices that treat/cure stress, urge and mixed bladder leakage in women. InControl also provides devices that treat/cure men with urinary leakage. Finally, InControl Medical provides devices that treat/cure bowel leakage in both men and women. Incontinence of all types is our specialty.
Located in Brookfield, Wisconsin, InControl Medical manufactures all of its products in the United States. Ours is an ISO 13485 certified facility for quality manufacturing. InControl Medical meets or exceeds all Federal and State regulations regarding the sale of medical devices in the United States, Canada, the European Union, Australia, and New Zealand. If you suffer from bladder or bowel leakage we have a very successful product to solve those issues.
Why have I never heard of InControl Medical?
Unlike a new Ford or Chevy, people don't brag about their new bladder leakage device. Bladder and bowel leakage are often embarrassing topics that people simply don’t want to talk about. Your next door neighbor could be using one of our devices religiously and they probably won’t bring it up to you. But, with 64,000 devices sold and growing, eventually bladder leakage will be a thing of the past whether anyone knows who we are or not and that’s fine with us.
Are InControl Medical Products Cleared for Safety and Efficacy?
ApexM meets or exceeds all State & Federal Regulations governing the sale of medical devices in the United States.
How does it work?
ApexM was developed using science, physiology and frankly, common sense. Leakage is primarily caused by weak pelvic floor muscles. ApexM uses mild muscle stimulation to force the pelvic floor muscles to contract and relax in the same way your bicep muscles contract and relax, if you lift weights. The inflatable internal probe provides active resistance to build strong muscles quickly and efficiently.
Why pads are not a solution to bladder leakage
- Pads are not a solution to bladder leakage, they are simply a temporary, inconvenient strategy until you solve the underlying problem that causes your bladder leakage. Bladder leakage is not something that will get better with time, in fact, wearing a pad increases your chances of urinary tract infection
- Some may be concerned about the cost of solving your bladder leakage problem, however, treating the problem with InControl Medical Products typically costs less than purchasing pads, diapers and other products over time. Studies have shown women with incontinence pay approximately $900 annually for routine care and management of incontinence; costs included pads, laundry/dry cleaning, etc. Don’t forget, you cannot put a cost on your quality of life.
How Does Muscle Stimulation Feel?
The muscle stimulation delivered by InControl Medical products is gentle and comfortable. Muscle stimulation feels as if your pelvic floor muscles are pulling upward and inward, then relaxing, a simple tightening of your muscles around the customizable probe.
Each time you use your device you will slowly increase the stimulation to a comfortable level. At the lowest levels you will feel nothing at all, as you slowly increase levels you will eventually feel a slight tingle or flutter sensation, then as you increase to higher levels you begin to feel an upward and inward pull. Once you reach a comfortable level, you let the device do the work for you.
Why does it cost so much?
- InControl Medical is governed by FDA regulations for quality & efficacy. InControl Medical meets or exceeds those requirements for quality and safety.
- InControl uses only medical grade components to create its products.
- InControl manufactures all of its products in the United States with American workers and wages.
- Unlike InControl Medical's products, foreign made products meet no standards and use low cost foreign labor.
- Compared to the cost of diapers, pads and the aggravation of bladder leakage, our products are a bargain.
What are InControl Medical products made out of?
InControl Medical products are made from pure medical-grade silicone that is phthalate-free and latex-free. There have been no reports of allergic reactions to our products. Our stimulation contacts are made of surgical stainless steel –the same steel used to make scalpels for surgery. All parts are rigorously tested for biocompatibility.
What Is the Warranty?
InControl Medical products are warranted to be free from any defects for a period of 12 months from purchase, however, we test the devices for use out to 30 years.
When Should I Begin to See Some Reduction of Leakage?
This depends entirely on the current condition of your pelvic floor muscles, some have seen noticeable improvement in two weeks, all report significant improvement, up to completely dry, within 12 weeks. The products absolutely work, if you use them as directed.
Why is the device vaginally inserted – Women
The pelvic floor muscles hold the vagina, uterus and bladder in place. The most direct route to those muscles that prevent stress urinary incontinence is through the vagina. In addition, the detrusor muscle that contracts the bladder is approximately three inches away from the tip of the device when vaginally inserted. Calming that muscle is what prevents overactive bladder (Urge incontinence).
Why is the device rectally inserted – Men
The rectum is the most direct route to the pelvic floor muscles in men. In urinary incontinence, the device strengthens the pelvic floor muscles, the bladder sphincter, the anal sphincter and calms the detrusor muscle that effects overactive bladder (OAB): also known as urge incontinence.
Rectal insertion is the most effective way to treat bowel leakage in both men and women.
Why Do I Need to Use InControl Gel?
Our gel enhances the effect of muscle stimulation while standard lubricants do not. Our gel is hypoallergenic to avoid any potential irritation. In other words, it works and is safe to use.
How do InControl Medical Products affect the environment?
ApexM helps the environment by eliminating the use of disposable pads and diapers. Conservative estimates report that disposable “pads” require up to 500 years to decompose. With over 40 million women using pads to absorb leakage and the average woman using at least 1 pad per day, more than 40 million pads go into the garbage every day –over 14 billion pads per year!