- Women who experience urgency and frequent urination
- Women who have weakened pelvic floor muscles with urinary leakage when coughing, sneezing, laughing, or with physical activity
- Women who have given birth
- Women who are frustrated with the aggravation and expense of absorbent pads or diapers
- Women with stress incontinence, urge incontinence, or mixed incontinence
- InTone is a specialized medical device that combines the use of muscle stimulation with biofeedback to ensure the patient is effectively activating and strengthening her pelvic floor muscles. The use of muscle stimulation significantly improves the efficacy of pelvic floor muscle exercises. When biofeedback is added, it further improves the treatment outcome.
- Muscle stimulation is a non-surgical, drug-free treatment option that provides a mild stimulation to the pelvic floor muscles that enhances the natural continence mechanism of the pelvic floor. This stimulation only activates the pelvic floor muscles and helps the user know which specific muscles to contract during exercise. The muscle stimulation provided by InTone is customized for you by your clinician and will activate a pelvic muscle contraction similar to a Kegel exercise.
- InTone uses a patented inflation mechanism that allows the device to fit perfectly inside of each woman and ensure her comfort with use.
- InTone is a home-based therapy completed in conjunction with your physician. At-home treatment sessions take just 12 minutes per day. Most women achieve dryness after approximately 90 days. Maintenance sessions are recommended 2 times per week thereafter.
- You can order InTone through your physician, if he or she stocks the device in the office.
- If you would like to order the device for yourself, you can order through our website using a personal credit card. When ordering through our website, InControl Medical will need to receive a prescription or letter of medical necessity within 90 days after placing your order. We recommend that you also submit the signed letter of medical necessity to your insurance company to facilitate the reimbursement process.
- You can fax your letter of medical necessity or prescription to our offices at (262) 373-0463.
- For insurance claims you must provide a letter of medical necessity from your physician and mail or fax to your insurance provider.
In the case of weak muscles that are associated with bladder leakage, patients are taught when and how to use the muscles to correctly control leakage. As you become stronger and you become more aware of how to control your pelvic floor muscles, you will find it is easier to prevent leakage.
Your InTone device will be customized by your clinician at the initial office visit. A follow-‐up will be scheduled two weeks later to assess your progress and adjust your stimulation level as needed.
Additional office visits are recommended at 30 day intervals for 90 days. Most patients continue with follow-‐ups every other month for the remainder of the year. Once maximum continence has been achieved, you will continue to use InTone twice weekly to ensure no loss of functional gains.
You MUST bring your hand-‐held Control Unit and the Insertion Unit to each office visit. Your session data will be downloaded for review by your clinician. This data will assist your clinician to determine how InTone is working for you, and if any adjustments need to be made.
If you do not complete your InTone sessions daily as prescribed, you will not achieve optimal results. If you do not adhere to the treatment protocol your product guarantee will not apply.